Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Springing into Spring!

Happy Spring Everybody!

Usually spring is one of the worst seasons. The snow hasn't all melted yet, it's kinda cold but also kinda warm, and everyone is waiting for summer. But this year, all the snow is gone, and has been gone for a while, it's practically warm everyday. It rained a couple of days ago and has been pretty gloomy which is good because of our lack of snow this year.

Spring came pretty quick this year and the school year has been going by extra fast. But I feel like it's starting to slow down a lot. Since I've realized how little we have of school less, all I've been wanting is summer to come faster  and thinking that we still have over a quarter of school left hurts my head.

As you may have noticed, I'm really excited for summer, a.k.a going to California. I'm not sure of all my set plans for spring break so far but I do know a couple of things. To start out, Easter is the first sunday of break so we will probably do an easter egg hunt (or not... I'm one of the youngest cousins so everyone might be over it by now). My friend, Hayden, is visiting her grandparents in Ojai, California so we've been planing a "play-date" together. Our itinerary is pretty full! We planned on meeting in Santa Monica, going to the pier then eating lunch on Third Street promenade. We also want to go to Las Angeles and visit the pink wall on Melrose Ave. After we will be on our way to Balboa Island, maybe go to the beach, have dinner, then finish the day off with a Balboa Bar. I also really want to visit my friend Lija (I talk briefly about her in my Craving California Pt. 2 post) but her spring break is a week before mine so it might be hard. Another fun thing I want to do is go to 1000 Steps beach in Laguna. My cousin posted a picture of her in one of the pools there and my brother and I were talking about how cool it looked. We told my dad about it and he knew exactly where we waned to go. That's about as far as I have planned, other than my volleyball tournament in L.A at the end of the week!


Someone taking pictures at the "pink wall"
Photo Courtesy of: GPVS
Photo Courtesy of: Fly.com


A Balboa Bar is basically just a square of ice cream, dipped into chocolate then dipped into a topping of your choice. My favorite is half rainbow sprinkles and   half crushed Oreos.





In the spirit of spring, I thought I should share with you some of the prettiest spring themed cupcake decorations you've probably ever seen! This isn't a recipe but more of decorating ideas.

I know, SO CUTE!
Photo Courtesy of: Taste of Home


Sorry for the randomness of this blogpost but stay tuned for more random posts! :))

1000 Steps Beach, Laguna California.
Photo Courtesy of: Orange County Register

No comments:

Post a Comment